Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Where's 12? 13 Weeks Goodbye 1st Trimester!

What a crazy week we had in week 12! I was admitted into the  hospital. Okay, so the previous week I went for my "1st official OB Appt." They found my sugar in my urine was high. (4+) So they sent me off for testing for diabetes. This was Weds 3/14/2012. On Monday 3/19/2012, I get a phone call that I am Diabetic. They think it's type 2, but we're not certain because i was never tested before. I had to pick up a monitor and test my sugars the next day. The next day (Tuesday 3/20) comes around. I test my sugars in the AM.. AM Fasting test should be under 100. Mine was 167. After breakfast it jumped to 274 which under 130 after meals is normal. I was quickly admitted to the hospital. I was there until Friday AM. They took good care of me, showed me how to give myself insulin, showed me what meals were going to be good for me, monitored the baby very well, it was boring but worth it to know the baby was okay. Now i'm home giving myself insulin 4 times a day. Testing sugars constantly and adjusting insulin based on my sugars and carbs.


~~ 13 Weeks ~~
How far along?  13 Weeks, 4 days
Weight Gain: -5 Lbs (Lost weight from diet & exercise for diabetes)
Maternity clothes?{Pamts still
Stretch marks? None
Sleep: Getting better :) 
Best moment this week:Nothing too exciting right now
Miss Anything? Not having to give insulin all the time.
Movement:Feeling little flutters.
Food cravings: Nothing lately..
Anything making you queasy or sick:Nausea is starting to subside. Still a little nauseous in am.
Have you started to show yet: I've been told my belly is shaping
Gender: Not sure yet, too early
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time:
Happy & tired.. lol
Looking forward to: Mondays dr's appt w/obgyn. Hoping to have an ultrasound to check on our peanut!

No comments: